Reflections of a Soulful Woman

The long and winding journey to reclaim my soul. Stories of life, love, loss, breakups, divorce, epiphanies, depression, hope, dreams

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Poem - Healing

Time spent with those I love 

Or time gone awry

The decision a gamble

The gamble a loss

For tonight I simply try

I hang my head

I hold my breath

Ducking to hide

To breathe, to cry

To make it through

I tell myself

Someday I will fly

 

Time moves slowly

I Stand alone

 Humility forced upon me

Mind reeling with despair

Return with the mask

Return with the shield

Laugh, smile,

Pretend to have fun

 

Walking away,

Head held high

At last, safe

At last, alone

Vulnerable tears, burning tears

Deep from within

Recovery slows,

Hurt shows

Pain flows

In time….. HEALING

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home